V004-REINO UNIDO CASA EXPRINCIPE ANDRES
Police officers and the media remained outside Wood Farm, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's current residence on Friday morning (February 20), after he was released from police custody on Thursday evening (February 19) following his arrest on suspicion of misconduct in public office over allegations he sent confidential government documents to Jeffrey Epstein.
Mountbatten-Windsor, who turned 66 on Thursday, had been questioned all day by detectives from Thames Valley Police. Earlier this month, the police force said it was looking into allegations that he had passed documents to the late convicted sex offender while working as a trade envoy.
The arrest of the senior royal, eighth in line to the throne, is unprecedented in modern times.
"I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office," King Charles said in a statement.
A Reuters witness saw the former prince leaving a police station in Aylsham, eastern England, where he was met by a small group of photographers and television crews, just after 1900 GMT.
A Reuters photograph taken after his release shows him seated inside a car, appearing visibly shaken.
Thames Valley Police said later on Thursday that "the arrested man" had been "released under investigation."
DESCRIPCIÓN DE IMÁGENES
NORFOLK, ENGLAND, UNITED KINGDOM (FEBRUARY 20, 2026) (REUTERS - Access all)
1. MEDIA EQUIPMENT, PEOPLE SITTING BY ROAD LEADING TO WOOD FARM, FORMER PRINCE ANDREW'S RESIDENCE
2. ROAD LEADING TO WOOD FARM
2. VARIOUS OF MEDIA OUTSIDE WOOD FARM
3. POLICE OFFICERS
4. PHOTOGRAPHERS
5. VARIOUS OF ROAD LEADING TO WOOD FARM
6. MEDIA STANDING AT GATE